Required Courses (15 units)
- ITAL 305 Advanced Grammar and Composition
- MLL 325 Linguistics for Foreign Languages
- ITAL 401 Italian Culture and Civilization
- ITAL 510 Italian Literature: Early Period
- ITAL 511 Italian Literature: Late Period
Electives (6 units)
Courses are 3 units unless otherwise indicated.
Most of our lower-division courses are offered during the morning; upper-division courses during the morning or early afternoon, and graduate seminars from 4:10 to 6:55 pm. First- and second-semester Italian courses are 5 units each.
All others are 3-unit courses, with the exception of our individual-study courses, which range from 1 to 3 units. All courses are conducted in Italian to offer students maximum exposure to the language.