This minor is aimed at beginning level learners with little or no background in Chinese Language. Native speakers of Chinese and international students who have completed secondary and/or tertiary education in Chinese language in a Chinese-speaking country are discouraged from choosing this minor. The minor consists of 23 units of coursework in modern Chinese language. You can download a copy of the course requirements for the Chinese minor with Concentration in Chinese Language here.
- CHIN 101 First Semester Chinese (5 units)
- CHIN 102 Second Semester Chinese (5 units)
- CHIN 103 Third Semester Chinese (5 units)
- CHIN 303 Intermediate Chinese (5 units)
- CHIN 311 Conversation and Reading or CHIN 312 Speech and Writing (3 units)
TOTAL UNITS: 23
To declare a major or minor in Chinese, complete a Declaration of Major/Minor form (download from HERE), then make an appointment to see a Chinese Program advisor. Bring a copy of your most recent university transcript (unofficial OK) to the meeting.